Search Results

Below are the results of your search. Click on any title to view more information. Use the "Back to Search" link to refine your search or perform a different search.
Back to Search
Daily LivingLegalCommunity Library Legal Matters to Consider: Once your child turns about 18, many legal aspects can change. This article points out key factors to consider, the responsibilities of a legal guardian, the different levels of Special Needs Trusts, and possible government-based benefits your child could qualify for.
Daily LivingLegalCommunity Library Special Needs Trusts FAQ's: This link takes you to information on supplemental special needs trust information, and allows you to search for attorneys near you.
Daily LivingLegalCommunity Library Guardianship for ASD Adults: “As a parent, you are a legal guardian… You decide how much to spend on what, where your child will live, what he will eat. As soon as your child turns 18 years old, however--all things being equal--all that will change. In the United States, anyone who is 18 or over is considered an adult, with all the rights and responsibilities attached to adulthood.”
Daily LivingLegalCommunity Library Self-Advocacy & Self-Determination: A child can practice self-advocacy at any age. There are many opportunities to practice self-advocacy regardless of your age or communication abilities. Self-advocacy begins by learning how to make personal choices, such as making choices about what to eat, how to spend your free time and what you will do after you graduate from high school.
Daily LivingLegalCommunity Library ADHD is Now Classified as a Specific Disability Under Federal Civil Rights Law: ADHD is now recognized as a disability by the Department of Education. This means school departments must obey civil rights laws, identify a student with this disorder and provide the necessary accommodations.
Daily LivingLegalCommunity Library ABLE Account vs. Special Needs Trust – Learn About the Best Choice for Your Young Adult: An article comparing the benefits of an ABLE Account and a Special Needs Trust.